stds-802-16: PAR summitted by 802.15

At the March 802 Plenary, 802.15 will be asking approval for the PAR,
described below, as developed by their High Rate Study Group. If we
have concerns or objections, we may submit them in written form by 5
pm on Tuesday, 7 March, 5:00 pm. Please bring any issues to my
attention.

Roger

Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
Specifications for High Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN)

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/pub/2000/Mar00/99165r5P802-15_HR
SG-PAR.doc

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/pub/2000/Jan00/99166r2P802-15_Dr
aft-HRSG-5Criteria.doc

Scope:
This project will define the PHY and MAC specifications for high data
rate wireless connectivity with fixed, portable and moving devices
within or entering a Personal Operating Space (POS).  A goal of the
WPAN-HR (High Rate) Task Group will be to achieve a level of
interoperability or coexistence with other 802.15 Task Groups, or an
802.11 device.  It is also the intent of this project to work toward
a level of coexistence with other wireless devices in conjunction
with Coexistence Task Groups such as 802.15.2.

Purpose:
To provide a standard for low complexity, low cost, low power
consumption, high data rate wireless connectivity among devices
within or entering the Personal Operating Space (POS).  The data rate
will be high enough, 20 Mbps or more (see 13a), to satisfy a set of
multimedia industry needs for WPAN communications.  The project will
also address the Quality of Service capabilities required to support
multimedia data types.