stds-802-16: Proposed IEEE 802 Rules Change

=================================
ATTENTION:  All IEEE 802 Attendees !!!

Dear members of the IEEE 802 LMSC,

The Executive Committee of the IEEE 802 LMSC is considering a change
to our operating rules which would eliminate the Friday morning
closing plenary meeting.  The text of the proposed rule change can
be found at:

   http://www.ieee802.org/killplenaryrulechange.pdf

Howard Frazier
Recording Secretary IEEE 802 LMSC
=================================

I am charged to vote on this motion. I am strongly inclined to
support it. When  I mentioned the issue at Session #6, no one
indicated support for the Friday 802 Plenary. Please let me know if
you are opposed to the motion.

Since the 802 Executive Committee (ExCom) meeting will remain on
Thursday night, then (during 802 LMSC Plenary Session) we will still
need to hold an 802.16 Closing Plenary earlier on Thursday so we can
approve any motions that need to go to ExCom. However, elimination of
the Friday 802 Plenary opens up the possibility of using Friday
morning for other activities. It would be a good chance for our small
teams to do get some work done and for our secretarial/librarian team
to get all of the meeting documents published. I am going to start
including the Friday of each 802 LMSC Plenary Session as an 802.16
meeting date. However, I am not inclined to include any Friday
meetings in the "denominator" of the 75% attendance requirement; in
other words, Friday meetings should be optional.

Roger

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://wirelessman.org>