stds-802-16: chance to join 802.16a Sponsor Ballot Group

According to the 802.16a development schedule:
	<http://ieee802.org/16/tga/schedule.html>,

the draft will enter Sponsor Ballot on April 12. This second round of balloting is in the hands of a Sponsor Ballot Group that is open to the outside world. Working Group membership is not required to participate in the Sponsor Ballot Group. However, I encourage all interested parties, including Working Group members, to participate. I expect that the draft will see substantial refinement during the Sponsor Ballot phase.

Today, I asked IEEE to prepare to form the Sponsor Ballot Group. To form it, IEEE will send an "Invitation to Ballot" to the members of the 802.16 "Balloting Pool".

If you have previously signed up to join the 802.16 Balloting Pool (e.g., if you received an Invitation to Ballot on IEEE 802.16), then you need do nothing at this time.

If you are not a member of the 802.16 Balloting Pool, you join the Pool by completing the on-line form:
	<http://standards.ieee.org/db/balloting/ballotform.html>.
You may join other IEEE Balloting Pools with the same form.

If you are not an IEEE Member, just ignore the box requesting your IEEE Membership Number. However, in order to actually participate in a Sponsor Ballot Group, you must be a Member of the IEEE-SA or else pay a Balloting Fee.

If you plan to join the Balloting Pool, I suggest you act soon. I have asked IEEE not to finalize the invitation until after the end of this week.

Regards,

Roger