stds-802-16: 802.16 Chair and Vice Chair Elections at Session #18

At Session #18, the IEEE 802.16 Working Group will hold elections for
Chair and Vice Chair. Here are some details:

According to the 802 rules <http://ieee802.org/rules.pdf>: "LMSC
Working Group Chairs and Vice Chairs shall be elected by the Working
Group and confirmed by the LMSC Executive Committee. Terms shall end
at the end of the first Plenary session of the next even numbered
year."

These elections will be on the agenda for the Session #18 Opening
Plenary on the afternoon of Monday, 11 March. Regardless of the
outcome of the elections, the current Chair and Vice Chair will
remain in office through the end of the 802.16 Closing Plenary on
Friday, 15 March.

The election of the Chair will be managed by the Vice Chair, Brian Kiernan.

I will be a candidate for re-election as Chair. I encourage all
others interested in serving in this position to contact Brian
<mailto:brian.kiernan@interdigital.com> at least a week before the
meeting so that he may arrange adequate agenda time to deal with the
election.

After the election of the Chair, I will manage the election of the
Vice Chair. Brian Kiernan has decided not to seek re-election to this
position. Carl Eklund has indicated to me that he intends to stand
for the position. If you are also interested in being a candidate,
please let me know at least a week before the meeting. I'll be happy
to discuss the position with you.

Regards,

Roger