===================================
IMPORTANT: ATTENTION All IEEE 802 Attendees !!!

IEEE 802: Meeting Information Update Memo - 1st Announcement
DATE:     Wednesday, February 6, 2002
ATTN:     All IEEE 802 Attendees
SUBJ:    IEEE 802 LMSC Plenary Meeting - March 10-15, 2002 - St. Louis, MO

Important information for all potential 802 attendees:

a) The Hyatt Regency Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri, will be
the site for the March 2002 IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting. The IEEE 802
group room block is now NEARLY SOLD-OUT. The cut-off date for the
block is Monday, February 11, 2002. To make your hotel reservation,
you may either web-reserve at: http://www.stlouis.hyatt.com (enter
group number: G-IEEE), or contact the hotel directly by calling:
(314) 231-1234. When the hotel becomes SOLD-OUT, please call and
request to be put onto the IEEE 802 WAIT-LIST. This group typically
has many late cancellations, and the hotel will contact you when a
room becomes available. You may also wish to call the hotel during
the 1 to 2 weeks prior to the start of the Plenary Meeting to check
the status of your reservation request. The special IEEE 802 group
rate is $139/night for single/double/twin occupancy plus applicable
taxes. Room reservations may be canceled without penalty up until 6pm
of your day of arrival.

b) The Hyatt Regency St. Louis is located 20 minutes from Lambert St.
Louis International Airport (STL). Taxi ride one-way is approximately
$30. See the current meeting info package at
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/ for more info and detail on
transportation options. Hotel self-parking for in-house guests or
other visitors is currently $9. per night or $2. for the first half
hour and $1. each additional half hour (max. $9.). Valet parking is
offered for $6. for up to 6 hours and $15. for between 6 and 24 hours.

c) The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will begin Monday, March 11th at
11:00am and the 802 Working Group Meetings will begin at 1:00pm.
Please note: Some of the 802 Working Groups have scheduled meetings
for Friday morning, March 15th. Please visit the home web site for
your Working Group for the detailed agenda. The closing Executive
Committee meeting is currently scheduled to be held from 1pm to 6pm
on Friday, March 15th.

d) Please Note:
Due to the growth of the IEEE 802 group and shortage of meeting
space/guest rooms, we are looking into providing another hotel for
guest rooms and meeting space. Once another hotel is arranged, you
will be notified via the e-mail reflectors. Unfortunately, due to a
lack of near-by facilities, this hotel may NOT be located within easy
walking distance of the Hyatt.

e) Please note that our secure web Pre-Registration Form will be
posted next week at: http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/pregform.html

Please contact us at 802info@ieee.org or (408) 241-8906 if you
require further information and/or assistance. We look forward to
seeing you in St. Louis.

Thank you,
Dawn C. Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer c/o Face To Face Events, Inc.