From: Zion Hadad [mailto:zionh@runcom.co.il]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 6:34 PM
To: 'Roger B. Marks'; stds-802-16@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-802-16: checking interest in vehicular mobility

Hi Roger and All
Since our Fixwd BWA customers are asking for Mobile flavor solutions:
a) portable / nomadic solutions.
b) Out door to in-door deployment (not a fixed directive antenna).
c) Scalability - adding more Base Stations for capacity reasons, without
visiting the customers houses).

I am supporting this work as an extension for the sub-11GHz band in the
802.16 standard and with the back-bone supported by our BWA above 10 GHz
802.16 standard.

Since some of our sub-11 GHz modes in 802.16 are good for mobile:
a) We are supporting access spread of more then 20 micro second access
spread (~ 50 us for 5 MHz BW) which is better then the 3G specs,
b) We are supporting good channel variations (even if it was not in our
standard it came free from the way we defined our waveforms).
c) We are supporting Small Medium and Big cells (up to 50 km).
d) We are supporting NLOS coverage.
e) We are supporting data rates that are more then 20 Mbps which is better
then the 3G existing cellular mobile standard.

With some changes for Roaming and Hand Off we can have good solution for a
mobile standard.
With some more changes we can be 4G .... depend how far we want and we will
be allowed to go within 802.16.
I whish All a good weekend,
All the best,
Zion Hadad