stds-802-16: 802.16a Approved as an IEEE Standard!

Dear 802.16 Members, Observers, participants, and friends:

I am delighted to bring you the news that 802.16a/D7 is now approved
as IEEE Standard 802.16a!

Congratulations to the whole 802.16a team and to the entire Working
Group. We owe a particular thanks to the hardworking 802.16a Chair,
Brian Kiernan, and Technical Editor, Nico Van Waes, for their hard
work and for the continuity they brought to the project during its
the three years of development. I also want to thank former RevCom
Chair Howard Frazier for his readiness to provide help and sound
advice.

We'll be working hard to get the standard professionally edited (by
IEEE Staff Project Editor Don Messina) and published sometime in
March.

We made it! Go raise a glass to WirelessMAN!

Cheers!

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA
tel: +1 303 497 3037   fax: +1 509 756 2642

(See also <http://standards.ieee.org/board/rev/103early.html>)