stds-802-16: +++ Call for Comments on Editor's Draft Consolidation of IEEE802.16/802.16a/802.16c

Here are the first concrete steps in Plan B:

(a) I have posted, as IEEE P802.16-2003/D0, the Editor's Draft
Consolidation of IEEE 802.16/802.16a/802.16c:
	http://ieee802.org/16/private/drafts/tgd/P80216-2003_D0.zip
This document has a lot of editorial problems arising from the
consolidation. However, I have not tampered with the editor's draft.
The PDF includes many notes from the editor, calling out assumptions
she made, questions she had, and recommendations of editorial changes
we should consider. If I would generate a new PDF from the FrameMaker
source, even to do something as simple as adding line numbers, we
would lose the editor's embedded comments.

(b) I have posted a letter from the editor summarizing some
additional comments:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tgd/docs/80216d-03_11.pdf

(c) I have compiled cross-reference tables showing the relationship
between figure and table numbers in the consolidated version, as
compared to the numbers in the three source standards:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tgd/docs/80216d-03_12.pdf

(d) I am now opening a Call for Comments on IEEE P802.16-2003/D0:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tgd/docs/80216d-03_13.pdf

The document is open to comments on two topics:

   (1) Issues that arise as a result purely as a result of the
consolidation of the standards. These will be primarily editorial.

   (2) Issues, technical as well as editorial, appropriate to the
revision of this document, as described in the revised 802.16d PAR
submitted by the 802.16 WG and IEEE 802:
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/03/80216-03_26r3.pdf

Prepare your comments using Commentary for resolution during Session
#27. The comment submission deadline is September 1. Associated
document contributions should use TGd contributions numbering
("C802.16d/03-XX) and are subject to the same September 1 deadline.

Email your exported Commentary comments to "rev@wirelessman.org" with
the subject line "Consolidation Call for Comments"
<mailto:rev@wirelessman.org&subject=Consolidation%20Call%20for%20Comments>.
Strictly observe this email addressing requirement; we are going to
have six simultaneous comment processes running this month, and there
is a lot of room for confusion.

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA
tel: +1 303 497 3037   fax: +1 509 756 2642