RE: stds-802-16: Session #30 agenda

Reza,

I disagree with the statement that "In the past, 802.16 has sometimes
participated in this joint plenary." 802.16 has never participated in
what used to be the opening 802.11/802.15 meeting [and has grown as
new groups have joined it] during an 802 Plenary week. We do
participate in the 802 Plenary Meeting (11-12 am), which lets each
group overview its status and plans. I've always thought this was a
sufficient scan across 802 for our participants. I've never heard
anyone say they missed out on anything because we skip the afternoon
meeting.

Twice, when we met jointly with the other wireless groups at an
_interim_ session,  I've participated (or sent a delegate) to report
on 802.16's plans for the week. However, at the interims, the
schedule is different: there is no 802 Plenary Meeting, so the other
wireless groups get together in the morning.

As a rule, the 802.16 Opening Plenary starts right after lunchtime,
in all session formats (even when 802.16 meets alone). I think people
prefer this consistency.

If you want to start a new tradition that involves postponing our
802.16 Opening Plenary until about 4 pm on Monday of 802 Plenary
weeks, then you can bring up the issue during the "Future Sessions"
segment, which we schedule during each 802.16 Opening and Closing
Plenary.

Regards,

Roger