[STDS-802-16] Call for Reply Comments regarding Maintenance Task Group

This note is a Call for Reply Comments regarding the Comment Report at:
        http://ieee802.org/16/maint/docs/80216maint-04_09.zip

Note that many of the comments already include replies. We are
seeking additional input in the form of specific proposed comment
resolutions, in the form that can be adopted when the TG meets at
Session #35. In other words, we aren't just asking for your thoughts;
we are asking you to draft specific text that can be used by the Task
Group as resolutions of the comments and as reasons for the
resolutions. Such draft text should allow the TG to move more quickly
through the comment resolution process.

The deadline of Thursday 13 January 2005 AOE
<http://tinyurl.com/65vnt>. The instructions are below.

Keep in mind that some of these comments may yet be ruled out of
scope. You are welcome to suggest this in your reply comments.

Roger

----------------
To create and submit reply comments:

(1) Obtain Commentary <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/Commentary>, if you
don't have it.

(2) Unzip the Comment Report to get a ".USR" file, which will open in
Commentary.

(3) Read the comments in Commentary. When you want to respond to a
comment, check the "Marked" box at the top of that record. Then fill
out the following fields:

Recommendation by:
Recommendation:
Proposed Resolution:
Reason for Recommendation:

You are justified in recommending rejection on grounds of
incompleteness or lack of a specific change request.

(4) When you are finished entering replies, look under Scripts and
choose "Find Marked Records". This will find the records for which
you checked the "Marked" box. Only the found records will be exported
in Step (5). Don't include records on which you have no reply comment.

(5) Under Scripts, choose "Export Clause Editor's Proposals". Choose
the file type "FileMaker Pro Runtime Files". Enter a file name of the
form "Maint_reply_Name.USR", where "Name" is your name.

(6) Upload the exported file to <http://maint.wirelessman.org>.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 7837
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
        <http://WirelessMAN.org>