Re: [STDS-802-16] Candidacy announcement for 802.16 WG Vice Chair

To all 802.16 members,

I am pleased to announce my candidacy for the recently vacated position of 802.16 Vice Chair.

Jose will be sorely missed as WG Vice Chair, especially in his role as PPC chair, and I wish him all the best in his new endeavor.

For those of you who may not be intimate with the WG history, I have been a member since 1999, previously serving as WG Vice Chair from November 2000 to March 20002, while simultaneously serving as the 802.16a Task Group chair.  Since then, I have also served as the Chair of both the 802.16e and 802.16m Task Groups, bringing them to ultimate fruition.

I have the full support of my CEO in pursuing this position and look forward to actively serving the Working group and its members.

Brian Kiernan