Re: [STDS-802-16] [802.16n][DC] Discussion on Usages and Frame Structure for DC

Hi Eldad and all,

Sorry for the late reply, as I was on an oversea trip and just got back to office. I have a few comments as follows.

REGARDING USE CASES:

- One concern is the use of the terms "associated" and "coverage". We can have an HR-MS that is outside-of-coverage but can still be associated with an infrastructure node (through the help of a forwarding HR-MS). So for the 1st mode of HR-MS direct communications, when we say "Both HR-MSs are associated with an infrastructure node.", do we mean "association" or "coverage"?

- For HR-MS forwarding to network (we should not use "HR-MS local forwarding" as 16n SRD uses "local forwarding" to refer to a different scenario), I would like to add the 3rd mode of "Both HR-MSs are within the coverage of an infrastructure node". This can be beneficial when HR-MSs are power-limited.

REGARDING FRAME STRUCTURE:

I have the following opinions regarding Eldad's questions:

1)  Are 2 HR-MS in the same cell allowed to transmit on the same resources (assuming that they are far enough)?
AT: This resource reuse should be encouraged, as long as mechanisms are provided to mitigate interference among HR-MS direct/forwarding transmissions. For such interference-mitigating mechanisms to work, we need neighbor discovery schemes to determine the distances between pairs of nodes.

2)  Is the HR-BS allowed to re-use the same resources for its own DL transmissions or the UL transmissions of one of its HR-MS (assuming that the HR-MS is close enough to the HR-BS)?
AT: Similar to answer to question 1 with the note that interference mitigation will depend on whether HR-MS direct/forwarding transmissions are scheduled in DL or UL area of each frame.

3)  Are these resources fixed for all cells?
AT: I believe that HR-MS direct communications and forwarding to network are opportunistic in nature. Therefore, resources should be dynamically allocated across space (cells), time/frequency (frames).

4)  Can they change over time?
AT: Similar to answer to question 3.

Best regards,
Anh Tuan