[802.19] FW: Howard Hotel Rates-January Interim

FYI

From: Bob Heile [mailto:bheile@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:07 PM
To: stuart@ok-brit.com; apetrick@widefi.com; Harry Worstell; alfvin@ieee.org; pat.kinney@ieee.org; bheile@ieee.org; mjlynch@nortel.com; shellhammer@ieee.org; a.greenspan@ieee.org; greenspana@bellsouth.net; vivek.g.gupta@INTEL.COM; wk3c@wk3c.com
Cc: SFODA@tourhosts.com.au
Subject: Howard Hotel Rates-January Interim

Guys

It has come to our attention that it is possible to book the Howard at a lower rate directly on the Internet.  Tour Hosts had a commitment from the Howard that they would have the best available rate, so this is a problem and it will be fixed.

Please let your groups know that it is important we go through the block on the Tour Hosts registration site or we will be exposing our treasury to a major drain beyond what we have budgeted.

I will let you know when this has been fixed.  In the meantime folks can register but defer the hotel booking until later.  I also asked Tour Hosts to include a best available rate option without breakfast for those who desire that.

In the future, if anyone discovers a lower rate (make sure the amenities are the same), please let us know immediately so we can get that for everyone.

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org