[802.19] IEEE 802.19 TAG Announcements

IEEE 802.19 TAG Organizational Announcements

  • Ivan Reede has volunteered to be the TAG Vice Chair, filling the roll left vacant when Tom Siep stopped attending the IEEE 802 meetings.  We will have formal elections at the March Plenary meeting to formalize Ivan as Vice Chair.  If others are interested in running for either Chair or Vice Chair, there will be elections at the March Plenary meeting.
  • Paul Piggin has been appointed (by me and Roger Marks) to be the liaison between the 802.16 WG and the 802.19 TAG.
  • We are still in need of a Technical Editor. One of the 802.19 members is considering the position and is currently discussing it with his management.
  • We could also use a Secretary since Steve Whitesell is no longer attending IEEE meetings.

IEEE 802.19 TAG Meeting Plans Going Forward

  • The last few Interim meeting have not been very necessary.  The TAG is doing most of its work on conference calls and during Plenary meetings.  So the TAG will not be meeting at Interim meetings going forward.  The TAG will only meet on conference calls and at Plenary meetings.  If things change and we decide to meet at a Wireless Interim meeting we can announce our plans to meet at a Wireless Interim at least 30 days in advance.

Regards,

Steve