Re: [802.19] comments on the 40MHz 11n/Bluetooth test plan

Title: Re: [802.19] comments on the  40MHz 11n/Bluetooth test plan
I am getting confused because the discussions in the meetings we have been having all are doing speculation about future .11n scenarios.  John are we divorcing the solution aspects developed by Bluetooth for some of these reasons, if so it seems rather one sided.

CW

From: John Barr [mailto:john.barr@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 11:51 AM
To: Craig Warren; STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.19] comments on the 40MHz 11n/Bluetooth test plan

It is what is in the market now. Future versions may be better, but all of the legacy devices need to be considered as well.  John

On 8/18/08 1:30 PM, "Craig Warren" <cwarren@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The test plan looks like a great start. One thing I really want to make a point of ( I did not want to distract the current conversation at the end of the telecom) is that the headset depicted for SCO and A2DP combo is a MOT S9. This headset is a 2.0 I think that we should ensure that all testing be done with 2.0 BDR or 2.1 EDR/BDR headset versions. 2.1 will naturally be much better due to the much higher packet types used but older 1.1 A2DP headsets are available and should not be used. EDR 2.1 headsets are gaining market availability and this will greatly improve the performance of coexistence should testing be done with both Bluetooth versions?

Craig Warren