From: ***** IEEE stds-802-11 List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Kraemer
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:22 PM
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11] Bluetooth SIG comments on 40 MHz Channels in the 2.4 GHz Spectrum

802.11,

Today I received the following letter from Mike Foley, Executive Director of the Bluetooth SIG.

I provided the following response.

Mike,

Thanks for your note. Our 802.11 TGn task group has been studying this topic for several years now and I can assure you that it has been a topic that receives considerable analysis. As I’m sure you are aware many of the participants in TGn are also participants in the Bluetooth SIG. We are in the process of evolving our TGn specification with an intent to use the available 2.4 GHz spectrum in a manner that is beneficial to a multitude of parties including, of course, 802.11 and Bluetooth.

The letter you sent was addressed to only Paul and myself. Would you allow it to be shared with members of 802.11 and in what form, verbal or written?

Regards,

Bruce Kraemer

Chair WG11

Mike subsequently approved distribution of his letter to the WG.

I’m providing this information for discussion on the reflector. We will also discuss the letter, and perhaps an additional response, during the March plenary.

Regards,

Bruce Kraemer

Chair WG11