From: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 12:19 PM
To: Steve Shellhammer <sshellha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: error in comment spreadsheet

Steve,

My comment got munged.  The portion labeled "Suggested Change" wasn't captured, and the words "a definition" are missing.

The spreadsheet has the following text:

The word "impact" is used in several places: "impact on coexistence",
"potential impact", "impacts other systems", "coexistence impacts",
yet it is ambiguous as to what "impact" means in the context of this
document.  The document would be improved if a mutually agreed to
definition of "impact"  is provided. I attempt to provide on in the
proposed change section. Note the standard definition of "impact"
includes "strong effect" or "forceful effect".
While we are defining terms let's try to define coexistence as well.

It should say

The word "impact" is used in several places: "impact on coexistence",
"potential impact", "impacts other systems", "coexistence impacts",
yet it is ambiguous as to what "impact" means in the context of this
document.  The document would be improved if a mutually agreed to
definition of "impact"  is provided. I attempt to provide **a definition** on in the
proposed change section. Note the standard definition of "impact"
includes "strong effect" or "forceful effect".
While we are defining terms let's try to define coexistence as well.

Suggested Change:

Add a definition section to the Chairs Guideline Coexistence clause:

Impact: strong effect on performance

Coexistence: fair sharing of common spectrum

Please update the comment spreadsheet accordingly.  Thank you.

Regards,

--Paul