[802.19] Two Korea's consultation on 6 GHz WLAN

Dear 802.18 participants,
cc. 802.11, 802.15, 802.19 participants

On 29 April 2024, Korea MSIT began two consultations related to 6 GHz WLAN.  Both consultations are scheduled to close on 20 May 2024.

a)  Expanding the occupied frequency bandwidth from 160 MHz to 320 MHz
For the first consultation 2024-0479, the administration asks for opinions in its proposal to extend the occupied frequency bandwidth from 160 MHz to 320 MHz in Article 7, Paragraph 5, Items 2A, 2B, and 2C of the administration's technical requirements

For Item 2A, the frequency range is 5925 MHz to 6425 MHz.  While the administration proposed to extend the occupied frequency bandwidth, the maximum related power (including the antenna gain) is kept at 14 dBm

For Items 2B and 2C, the frequency range is 5925 MHz to 7125 MHz.  While the administration proposed to extend the occupied frequency bandwidth, the maximum power density (including the antenna gain) is kept at 2 dB/MHz.

For details, please visit:
https://www.msit.go.kr/bbs/view.do?sCode=user&mId=109&mPid=103&pageIndex=&bbsSeqNo=84&nttSeqNo=3179699&searchOpt=ALL&searchTxt=

b)  Increasing the radiated power because of the increase in occupied frequency bandwidth
For the second consultation 2024-0480, the administration asks for opinions in its proposal to extend the radiated power from "250 mW or less" to "500 mW or less" for both the frequency ranges 5925 MHz to 6425 MHz as well as 5925 MHz to 7125 MHz.

For details, please visit:
https://www.msit.go.kr/bbs/view.do?sCode=user&mId=109&mPid=103&pageIndex=&bbsSeqNo=84&nttSeqNo=3179700&searchOpt=ALL&searchTxt=

If you would like IEEE 802 LMSC to prepare a response to both consultations, please let me know as soon as possible, and we will see if we can formulate and approve a response no later than 9 May 2024 for IEEE 802 LMSC to consider

Regards,
Edward