RE: draft of SEC motion
Jim, My expectations are as follows:
* IEEE-SA Stds Board normally pays their own way for the entire meeting.
* Meeting with us they will get free meeting space, access to our office, copying machines, Laser printers, and LCD Projectors. These we will extend to them at no charge.
* They will be expected to assume all the costs for their own Food & Beverage expenses and their additional AV expenses which will be billed with a separate Master Account.
* We will get the room-night credits for their share of the room block.
* They will be invited to attend our social if they arrive in time.
* They will not be expected to pay an 802 Registration Fee unless they are active 802 members and are attending the 802 sessions (i.e. they will be registered as guests of 802 like Stds Office staff).
* Dawn & Co will be available to assist their staff but any significant new workload would be billed separately at the normal hourly rate. They will be expected to coordinate their F&B and AV requirements through Dawn.
I think this is a fair plan and represents a win-win for us all. Anyone else care to comment ???
Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA 98124-2207
ph: (425) 865-2443, fx: (425) 865-6721
> From: Jim Carlo[SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 5:06 PM
> To: Howard Frazier; email@example.com
> Subject: RE: draft of SEC motion
> I don't believe we should state there is no cost to 802 members, nor do I
> believe we should collect a fee from the IEEE attendees.
> How are we handling financials? Is IEEE-SA paying anything?
> As I understand it, we will need to have meeting rooms on Thur/Fri/Sat for
> the Standards Board attendees, lunch on Thur/Fri/Sat for Standards Board
> members, Fri night Standards Board Forum with cookies, etc. Do we have clear
> understanding of who will pay for this?
> Jim Carlo(firstname.lastname@example.org) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
> TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
> Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
> Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
> From: Howard Frazier [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 7:21 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: draft of SEC motion
> Feedback welcome.
> SEC OFFICIAL EMAIL BALLOT 802.0/9May2000
> Issue Date: 10May2000 Closing Date: 26May2000
> Moved By: Howard Frazier
> Seconded By: Buzz Rigsbee
> Move: Offer proposal to IEEE-SA Standards Board to co-locate their
> March 2001 meeting with IEEE 802
> Buzz Rigsbee, Dawn Slykhouse, Howard Frazier and Terry Steenweg have
> worked out an arrangement by which the IEEE-SA Standards Board
> could co-locate their series of meetings in March of 2001 with
> IEEE 802, in Hilton Head, SC. This motion will authorize Howard
> and Jim to make a formal proposal to the IEEE-SA to co-locate.
> The IEEE-SA Standards Board's next meeting will be in June 2000.
> The Standards Board will either accept or decline our offer at
> that meeting.
> We do not expect there to be any financial impact on 802.