Re: [802SEC] IEEE-SA Policy and Procedures (P&P) Changes - January 2017 - Important - Please read

Adrian-

Actually, according to the SA P&P, the formal purpose of a PAR is to satisfy the public notice requirement.
That is why the approval of PARs is reported to ANSI and published by them in their newsletter.
OTOH, I think that mechanism (while fulfilling legal requirements) doesn't work for generating the kind of participation we want.
Thus, I agree, we should issue press releases when we create a study group as a matter of policy.

Best regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey O. Thompson
GraCaSI S.A.