Re: [802SEC] Announcements on Twitter

Geoff,

Once again – understand I am trying to explain this as best I can.

I do not post a comment to a twitter page – I send out a tweet and it is posted to our profile, sent to our followers, and is searchable on Twitter search.  See https://twitter.com/ieee802.  As you can see the tweets are shown with the @IEEE802 handle info.  So I am the only individual posting as IEEE802 (I have Jon R as my backup) – but anyone can comment or retweet.

I can click on a tweet to see who retweets / likes a specific tweet.  I sent a tweet about the March Plenary and I retweeted it as IEEE802 and myself, and you can see Tim also retweeted it.  Here is the picture reviewing who retweeted.  You can see it is clear who retweeted.

So I will be managing and keeping an eye on it.

If a problem were to arise with a response to a tweet, I would work with the appropriate people within IEEE to respond to it.

Also – if this becomes an issue then the individual could be blocked.  Per the twitter help center – “Block is a feature that helps you control how you interact with other accounts on Twitter. This feature helps users in restricting specific accounts from contacting them, seeing their Tweets, and following them.”

Hopefully I have answered your question.

john