[STDS-802-11-AANI] IEEE 802.11 LS to 3GPP TSG RAN requesting status and information will be received by RAN at their upcoming meeting Mar 6-9

Dear All –

At the January meeting in Atlanta, GA, USA 802.11 agreed and sent an LS to 3GPP RAN ( 11-16/1573r4, RP-170026 ) requesting RAN share:

          Plans for completion of core and conformance specifications related to the following 3GPP RAN features: LWA, eLWA, LWIP, eLWIP and their enhancements

          Plans to aggregate and integrate IEEE 802.11 WLAN with 3GPP RAN NR

3GPP TSG RAN is meeting next week (Mar 6-9) in Dubrovnik, Croatia, I believe the LS is on the RAN agenda under item 7: Liaison activity of TSG RAN and will probably be discussed on Monday Mar 6.

As you are all aware 3GPP is a member driven organization, and hence for 3GPP RAN to respond to our LS 3GPP member companies will need to work together to generate a reply LS.  Please consider speaking with your colleagues who attend TSG RAN and requesting them to support generating a reply LS to 802.11 with the requested information.  Thank you in advance for your support in helping to establish improved communication between IEEE 802.11 and 3GPP RAN.

Joseph Levy

AANI SC Chair