Re: [STDS-802-11-AANI] Final version of 5G SC Action A ICAID

Hi Max,

Thank you for proving me with the lasted version of the ICAID.  At the IEEE 802.11 AANI SC meeting of Thursday 3/16, 10:30-12:30 PDT, we reviewed and discussed the ICAID document.  Our discussions resulted in two suggested changes to the ICAID and it was agreed that I should send you these suggestions via e-mail.  There was consensus in the meeting to make these two changes.

1)      The following change was agreed by straw poll (Y/N/A 11/0/2):

In section 3.1 the third paragraph, please modify the current draft of the ICAID (omniran-16/0084r5) so that the text:

"The goal of this activity is to assess emerging requirements for IEEE 802 wireless and higher-layer communication infrastructures outside of the IMT domain, identify commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects, and facilitate building industry consensus towards proposals to initiate new standards development efforts."

Is changed to:

"The goal of this activity is to assess, outside of the IMT activity,  emerging requirements for IEEE 802 wireless and higher-layer communication infrastructures, identify commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects, and facilitate building industry consensus towards proposals to initiate new standards development efforts."

2)      The following change was agreed by straw poll (Y/N/A 12/0/0):

In section 3.1 the third paragraph, please modify the current draft of the ICAID (omniran-16/0084r5) so that:

“Topics concerning enhanced cooperative functionality among existing IEEE standards in support of network integration will be encouraged.”

Is changed to:

“Encouraged topics include enhancements of IEEE 802 communication networks and vertical networks as well as enhanced cooperative functionality among existing IEEE standards in support of network integration.”

Please consider making these suggested changes, and please forward to me or respond to this thread with the “Final” ICAID approved by 802.1.   Thank you.

Joseph Levy

802.11 AANI SC Chair