Re: [STDS-802-11-AANI] Updated draft LS to 3GPP RAN2 on Estimated Throughput

Dear All,

At the TGmd session today the following decisions were taken:

A straw poll was taken:

Straw poll:   I support the work related to 11-17/315 for 3GPP to be done in TGmd.

Yes, No, Abstain

Result: 6-0-15

A motion passed:

Motion – Call for Contributions in response to 3GPP Liaison 11-17/0315:

Approve a call for contributions on the topic of “adding accuracy requirements to the 802.11 standard for the estimated throughput metric and defining additional metrics to support 3GPP features for

1. LWA activation/deactivation

2. Mobility across WLANs cells and

3. Traffic scheduling decisions such as forwarding to WLAN”

as described in 11-17-0315 and 11-17-0378; Requested Contributions by November 2017

Result: 7-4-8 – Motion Passes

Note: TGmd acknowledged that there is an open issue to define the submission process.  An action item was taken by Adrian Stephens, with support of Joseph Levy, George Calcev, and Edward Au to define the process.

Based on this activity, I believe that the current draft of the reply LS (11-17/0378r1) is accurate in summarizing the agreement in TGmd.  Therefore I intend to propose a motion at the mid-week plenary to approve the current LS.  Please note that there should be adequate time to discuss the LS during the plenary.  If you do have comments on the LS please feel free to share them on this reflector or bring them to the discussion at the plenary.

Joseph Levy

AANI Chair