[STDS-802-11-CAC] Straw poll result reporting in the minutes: requirements and best practice

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

Dear CAC members,

I recently received questions about the requirements on recording of straw poll results in the minutes. Please see below and let me know of any questions. We can discuss further on an upcoming CAC call if needed.

Q: Recorded votes of motions not passed by unanimous consent must be taken and included in the minutes of electronic meetings of non-CRC subgroups*. Does this requirement also apply to straw polls?

A: No. The requirement for recording the results of straw polls in the minutes is to record the tally results only.

DS Comment: This aligns with our face-to-to face operation.

Q: If a polling tool is used to collect the straw poll results (tally), are the detailed results included in the minutes?