[STDS-802-11-REG] Proposed timeline for FCC 13-22 response

All:

On last week’s call, I was asked to produce a timeline for the composition of our response to FCC 13-22, based on an outside completion date of April 5th, which assumes a quick publication of the NPRM in the Federal Register, and the 45-day comment period.  This deadline provides sufficient time for the IEEE 802.18 and 802 ExCom approval processes, that must take place before transmittal to the FCC.

Here is a list of meeting dates, with milestones to meet that deadline (most of the work to be done via the reflector):

-          February 28th: Full review of the NPRM and listing the significant points we want to respond to, and a request to members to begin drafting text to be sent by March 5th

-          March 7th (many of us will be in Shanghai; call at 1:30am Shanghai time): Review of the received text; start assembling a coherent response

-          March 14th: Point by point review of the response; draft editing

-          March 21st: Final editing and approval

-          March 28th: Resolve any issues from the March 21st call, and vote (if not done March 21st)

Please let me know if this is workable, and send me any comments you may have about the timeline.

Thank you.

Rich Kennedy

Standards Manager

cid:image001.gif@01CDE9CE.D8280A90

mobile: +1 (972) 207-3554

office: +1 (972) 910-3448

rikennedy@xxxxxxx

IEEE 802.11 TGaf Chair

IEEE 802.11 to 802.18 Liaison

IEEE 802.11 Regulatory Standing Committee Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory Task Group Chair

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-REG and then press the LEAVE button.