[STDS-802-11-REG] No Call Tomorrow

All:

I am cancelling tomorrow’s Regulatory SC call. There are a few new items that we could discuss, but I would like to allow the group some time to read and be ready to discuss them.

First is the notice that China is planning to open the 5470 to 5725 MHz band:

MIIT Seeks Comment for 5470-5725MHz Broadband Wireless Access Technologies

On Sept. 23rd, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) released

four spectrum allocation plans applicable to frequency bands 5725-5850MHz, 5470-5725MHz and 40-50GHz with a comment deadline of Oct. 10th.

According to the announcement, frequency band 5470-5725MHz can now be used for unlicensed broadband wireless access technologies (i.e.Wireless LAN). Small adjustments were also made to frequency 5725-5850 MHz, which previously was allocated for wireless use and other applications such as smart transportation private communication.

For the 40-50 GHz spectrum band, MIIT has allocated the 42.3-47.0 GHz and 47.2-48.4 GHz for wireless broadband access and paired the 40.5-42.3 GHz/48.4-50.2GHz for fixed wireless backhaul transmissions for International Mobile Telecommunication System Technology (IMT) base stations.

For more information on MIIT's spectrum allocation plans, please refer to the announcements in Chinese:  5470-5725 MHz plan announcement5725-5850 MHz plan announcement

Also, Ofcom has issued another consultation (three now open for our discussion):

Spectrum management strategy - Ofcom’s approach to and priorities for spectrum management over the next ten years.

We will resume next week. I am scheduled to be at a meeting with the FCC at that time, but currently they are not open for business, and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.

Rich Kennedy

Standards Manager

mobile: +1 (972) 207-3554

office: +1 (972) 910-3448

rikennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IEEE 802.11 TGaf (WLAN in the White Spaces) Chair

IEEE 802.11 Regulatory Standing Committee Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory TaskGroup Chair

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-REG and then press the LEAVE button.