Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAC] IEEE 802.11ac telecon

Some comments on 1021r5:

- I basically like it

- I still don't see the point of "there is no more than one immediate
response required for an A-MPDU, and further indicate" and think it
should be deleted

- I still think "STA transmitting the MU PPDU" should be "AP"

- I still think the "No BlockAckRequest frame should be sent to a STA
in the case where the A-MPDU to that STA contained no MPDUs requiring
acknowledgement." needs a NOTE to explain why it's a "should" and not
a "shall"

- What's the "+mu-ppdu" attribute?

- Why is txop-part-requiring-ack being modified rather than
ht-txop-sequence or one of its children (or even adding a
vht-txop-sequence)?

- The addition of the [1{}] in "[1{RTS CTS}]" appears to be something
new and not something required for resolution of this comment per se.
What is the justification for this change?

- "An ACK frame can be sent in response to an MPDU within an MU PPDU
if the ack policy requires it."  I realise I supported this previously,
but when can this happen, in fact?  I can see nothing in Table 8-284
"A-MPDU contents in the data enabled immediate response context"
which could result in such an outcome (all the possible MPDUs in
such an A-MPDU either need no immediate acknowledgement or need a
BlockAck as immediate acknowledgement)

Mark

--
Mark RISON, Systems Architect, Wi-Fi    English/Esperanto/Francais
CSR, Cambridge Business Park            Tel: +44 1223  692000