From: *** 802.11 TGai - Fast Initial Link Set-Up *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-TGAI@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Emmelmann
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 4:33 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGAI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] Comments received during LB201 available on Mentor

Hiroshi,

I only have the information that Adrian sent out last night to the two of us which is almost not readable at all for me.  The format of the number is -- just my guess -- supposed to be a table but it's format is entirely corrupted.

I could only read at the very end of his message the following which makes me believe we passed the ballot:

But we are not allowed to tell anyone as Adrian has to make the official announcement.

Best

Marc

---

The announcement:
IEEE 802.11 WG Letter Ballot 201  was a 30 day Working Group Technical  Ballot asking the question "Should P802.11ai D2.0 be forwarded to Sponsor Ballot?"
Ballot Opening Date:          2014-04-07 - 23:59 ET
Ballot Closing Date:           2014-05-07 - 23:59 ET
336 eligible people are in this ballot group.

195 affirmative votes
34 negative votes
   6 negative vote without comments
  28 abstention votes
===
263  votes received  =  72.3 % valid returns
                                    =    10.6 % valid abstentions

APPROVAL RATE:
195  affirmative votes       =     85.2 % affirmative
 34  valid negative votes  =     14.8 % negative
The return rate requriement of 75% has been met The number of abstention is less than the maximum (30%) The required approval rate of 75% has been met Motion Passes There were 1158 comments received.

---

On 9 May 2014, at 01:43, Hiroshi Mano <hiroshi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marc
>
> Can I have the exatly number of the result?
>
> BR Hirohsi
>
> (2014/05/09 2:33), Marc Emmelmann wrote:
>> Dear all:
>>
>> I just received the comments that were made agains TGai D2.0 during
>> LB201.  I have exported them in the usual XL-file and uploaded the file to mentor:
>>
>> https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/documents?is_dcn=565&is_group=00ai&is_
>> options=3
>>
>> We have received 1158 comments which means we will face a very busy week.
>>
>> Safe travels to Hawaii.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Marc
>>
>> Please note:  Providing you the comments does not imply from my part
>> any statement on the outcome of the letter ballot.  Our Working Group Chairs will review the returned votes and will make an official statement regarding the outcome of the letter ballot.

>> --------------------
>> Marc Emmelmann
>> e-mail:  emmelmann@xxxxxxxx  web:  http://www.emmelmann.org
>>
>> IEEE 802.11 TGai Vice-Chair