Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] Final assignment of CIDs

[Comments in red.]

For CID 6495,

6495

Mark RISON

204

3

8.4.2.172

44

25

44.00

25

8.4.2.172

Yunsong Yang

"CAG Version is always positive, therefore a value of zero in this field will be neglected by the receiving STA." -- exactly what is the behaviour expected by "neglected", and why is this in clause 8 anyway?

Use standard terminology like "A CAG Number element with a CAG Version field equal to 0 shall be ignored" and move it to clause 10

The commenter is of the opposite opinion of Adrian Stephens (CID 6012) regarding if we should describe a receiver’s behavior when receiving a non-compliant frame.  In San Antonio F2F meeting, the TG has indicated the preference of adopting resolution in CID 6012 regarding this point. Therefore, I recommend that resolution to CID 6495 be:

Rejected.

In San Antonio meeting, the TG has indicated the preference of not describing a receiver’s behavior when receiving a non-compliant frame. See resolution to CID 6012 as in 11-14-1507r2.

I'm fine with deleting the sentence (my concern was about the semantics of "neglect").  It should be a REVISED, not a REJECTED, though.

For CID 6514,

6514

Mark RISON

204

3

8.4.2.172

44

22

44.00

22

8.4.2.172

Yunsong Yang

"or InfoID" -- wozzat?

Delete "or InfoID"

First, there is a typo in the original text. There should be a space between “Info” and “ID”.  Second, technically speaking, when the composite of the CAG is changed (e.g. an Info ID is added, deleted, or changed), the CAG Number shall also be increased by 1 so that the STA may query the advertisement server to find out what has been changed. That is why “Info ID” should be kept. Therefore, I recommend that resolution to CID 6514 be:

Revised. Change “InfoID are” to “the composite of the CAG is changed, e.g. an Info ID is”.

“Info ID” refers to the Info ID of the elements that compose the CAG.

I don't think an Info ID is changed, it's the information carried in an ANQP-element

identified by that Info ID which is changed, right?

So I think a better resolution would be to make the sentence say simply:

The CAG Version is incremented every time the value of, or presence of, an element within the CAG of the associated advertisement protocol or InfoID is are added, deleted, or changed. The value of zero is reserved.

However, I would just like to check: deleting the "ANQP-" from "ANQP-element"

to leave just "element", as in 14/1507, means that we're no longer

talking about ANQP-elements (identified by Info ID) here but talking

about what were called information elements (identified by Element ID).

Is that correct?

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk