Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] CR 1091

Hi Mark, thanks for the quick response ahead of the meeting
added your modifications to the attached doc, answering other comments:

El mar, 13 abr 2021 a las 9:29, Mark Rison (<m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:

Thanks for this, Antonio.  Some comments:

- "is an bit mask octet that " is duplication of the figure defining the element.

- What does "IP" mean in "Out of band IP request"?  The abbreviation does not

appear in Subclause 3.4.  In any case, it's not clear to me what it's

telling me, even if it means "Internet Protocol" (does it mean it has

to be IPv4 or IPv6?)

It means IPv4/IPv6, the EBCS Info frame contains an URL that you can use to do this.

- "Note" should be "NOTE"

- "one Negotiation Method" should be "one negotiation method"

- Do we have some general comment to deal with the fact that

"an EBCS" needs to be expanded to "an EBCS traffic stream" (or

better "an EBCS stream" or "an EBCS flow") throughout?

Not sure about it, said so, I think in this case the phrase does not intend to mean EBCS traffic stream, since this is talking about the service itself and not the frames... This is the phrase for the others to consider

"request the transmission of an EBCS identified by the content ID contained in the Content ID subfield"

- Does "EBCS request by STAs that are not associated with the broadcaster" imply that you

shall not use this method if you are associated?  (It doesn't imply

that you shall use this method if you are not associated, since

otherwise methods 0 and 3 could never be used.)  Do we have some

behavioural text associated with this?

As I understand this field, you are indicating if the service can be requested by associated or not associated STAs. So to me value 1 means that you need to be associated to request it, value of 2 means you can request it either associated or not associated and value of 3 means that you need to use another method maybe through another link. This is my understanding though, I did not write this.

Br
Antonio

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk