Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] CR doc on pending comments in clause 9

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the discussion on this topic.

I had offline discussion with a few members and I have updated the replay protection logic to help address your concerns.

With the new changes, the spec would make Replay Protection a mandatory field with the following considerations:

    • If the device has time information, then the format of Replay Protection field is same as defined in D1.02:
      • 32 bits for Time expressed in seconds (UTC from Jan 1st 2020) + 32 bits of Frame Count (incremented for each transmission).
    • If the device doesn’t have accurate time information, then the frame count field expands to 64 bits (i.e., extension of the counter into the upper 32 bits).
      • 64 bit field eliminates the wraparound condition.

A bit in the Control field signals the presence of Time subfield.

The attached doc provides the updated spec text (format changes to EBCS UL frame and normative behavior in clause 11).

In addition, the doc also resolves all pending CIDs assigned to me.

Could you please take a look and let me know if you have any feedback?

Regards,
Abhi