[STDS-802-11-TGBD] About midamble design

Dear Rui C, Rui Y and Sebastian S,

I checked my simulations and can confirm that I implemented randomization simply by multiplying the time domain waveform by +1 or -1. This means that the pilots where also randomized.

After thinking a bit, I see no problem in randomizing the pilots (I think I had reached the same conclusion a few months back but my memory is not that good any more). One may leave the pilots unchanged, but it is simpler to randomize them as well.

My proposal is to leave the straw polls in 0862r1 as they are, perhaps clarifying that if randomization is implemented in the time domain then the waveform corresponding to an OFDM symbol (including the GI) is multiplied by +1 or -1, or something of the sort.

I’ll be happy to discuss any issues and to incorporate any changes or suggestions for improvement.

Best regards,

/Miguel

STDS-802-11-TGBD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx