Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBD] About midamble design

Hi Miguel,

I believe there should be no problems whether we randomize the pilots or not. The pilot sequence is already randomized, and we are not in danger of choosing a random sequence that reverts this previous randomization. I just think that the pilot value needs to be very clearly defined.

In addition, some people have favored the option to rotate the data symbols as well in order to make the midamble randomization transparent to the receiver. My first intuition is that _not_ rotating the pilots will make this task easier for such an agnostic implementation, but this should be further investigated. This is a question to be answered by the designers who want to have such an agnostic implementation, I do not have an opinion on this personally. So I'm sorry for holding up your contribution, I'm very much in favor! I just wanted to know the details.

Best Wishes,
Sebastian