Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe MAC ad-hoc meeting [03/13/2020]: Updated Agenda Posted

Hello Jinsoo,

Thanks for bringing this item to our attention. The EC's decision to cancel the March F2F meeting does not impact the MAC ad-hoc meeting, since we agreed to hold the ad-hoc meeting out of January F2F.

However, I do share the same concerns as you and would like to emphasize that the safety of all our members, families, and our communities is of utmost importance. For this reason it is strongly advisable to dial-in via the the teleconference facilities rather than attending the ad-hoc meeting in person.  As such, you can think of this particular ad-hoc meeting as a teleconference call that extends for multiple sessions within the same day.

I also recognize that there could be some inconveniences with the use of e-polls for running our strawpolls. Regarding this I had planned on asking guidance to the WG leadership and other TG chairs on how to improve the process.

I will send out an e-mail on the new process (which relies on existing tools of the online meeting facilities) in the next few days after synching up with WG and TG leadership on the detailed procedure. It is also worth pointing out that these types of online voting procedures are experimental, considering the size of our task group, and we will learn as we go, but I believe that with it will help us making some progress at a time we cannot meet face to face.

Regarding Ming's suggestion to reduce the amount of sessions for the scheduled MAC ad-hoc meeting and increase the number of conference calls in subsequent days, I will echo this suggestion to the WG leadership and keep you posted on further guidance.

Please let me know if this addresses your concerns.

Best Regards,

Alfred