[STDS-802-11-TGBE] [PHY] mullti-RU allocation, 11-20/373

Hi PHY fans,

This is an email to discuss straw poll for multi-RU allocation signaling in 11-20/285.

During 3/18 conference call, there was a request to discuss straw poll using e-mail reflector.

If you are not interested in this topic, sorry for this e-mail.

o   373r0 RU Allocation Subfield Design for Multi-RU Support (Myeongjin Kim)

First, Eunsung asked to defer the straw poll since he has some more multi-RU combination to propose, and it may impact the signaling design.

Eunsung’s contribution was discussed 3/18 call, and there was no agreement to add more multi-RU combination.

Second, Ron wanted to see whether we can use Trigger based, i.e. User Info field to indicate RU allocation information.

But as Ross mentioned during 3/18 call, we already agreed including RU Allocation subfield in the common field of EHT-SIG.

An RU Allocation subfield is present in the Common field of the EHT-SIG field of an EHT PPDU sent to multiple users.

·       Compressed modes are TBD.

·       Contents of the RU Allocation subfield are TBD.

[Motion 57, [9] and [25]]

So, I would like to run deferred SPs in 11-20/373.

If you have any question or any suggested modification, please let us know.

These are current SPs in 11-20/373.

SP#1

       Do you agree to use RU allocation subfield defined in 11ax to indicate RU to be assigned to each STA for MU PDDU when only one RU per a STA is assigned and the number of multiplexed users in each RU is up to 8?

SP#2

       Do you support to indicate the information of multi-RU allocation for MU PDDU by adding additional RU Allocation subfield to RU Allocation subfield when more than one RUs are assigned to a STA?

       Note: the number of bits for additional RU Allocation subfield is TBD

Best regards,

Wook Bong Lee