Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Contribution 11-20/483 about preamble puncturing

Hi Rojan,

Thanks for your comments.

You have a point in your question.

To clarify, I think that although the term “puncturing structure” is not officially defined, everybody understands the meaning of 1010 and 1001 (sometimes spelled “1x1x” or 1xx1”) or any other structure combination.

Regarding your second comment, you are right. P20 may indeed be any of the four 20MHz channels so 1010 may be equivalent to e.g. 0101 and 1001 may be equivalent to 0110.

However there is a difference between the 2 cases as each of them represents a different scenario:

1010 represents the case where one content channel in P80 is not available.

1001 represents a case that is not supported in 11ax from a different reason although both content channels are available.

Therefore they should not be described by the same definition.

Anyway, we may update the wording of the SPs during the CC

Best regards

Oded