[STDS-802-11-TGBE] A-MPDU and BA DCN 19/1856r3

Hi Liwen & all,

I have a question regarding Motion 61 and motion 63, which are both referred to the same document 11-19/1856r3 “A-MPDU and BA”:

Both motions include a unique term which is not defined in the SFD (till now):

On the other hand, there is a clear definition in the SFD for Enabled Link (SFD, Motion 105):

The questions I have regarding the above motions are:
  1. Can you clarify what does “Available Link” mean and what is the difference between “Enabled link” and “available link”?
  2. Specifically, the motion 61 defines that once a BACK agreement has been established for specific TID, A-MPDU of this TID can be transmitted on any available links. Why  it does not guarantee that these “available” links are all mapped to this TID??
  1. I’ve noticed in the above DCN that the original SP has included such a text which does not appear in the cited Motions (“……to be exchanged between the two MLDs on any available link to which the TID is mapped”) – can you explain why it was removed?
  2. However, it seems that the explicit requirement, that the A-MPDU of specific TID can be transmitted over links that are mapped to that TID, is needed. Otherwise, we do not expect that  the A-MPDU of TID1 will be sent over link(s) that is not mapped to the TID (using the TID to Link mapping).
  1. Similarly the motion 63 defines that once a BACK agreement has been established for specific TID, BACK of this TID can be responded on any available links. Why  it does not guarantee that these “available” links are all mapped to this TID??
  1. I’ve noticed in the above DCN that the original SP has included such a text which does not appear in the cited Motions (“……may be signaled on other available link(s) to which the TID is mapped”) – can you explain why it was removed?
  2. However, it seems that the explicit requirement, that the BACK of specific TID can be transmitted over links that are mapped to that TID, is needed. Otherwise, we do not expect that  the BACK of TID1 will be sent over link(s) that is not mapped to the TID (using the TID to Link mapping).

Thanks for your swift reply on this issue.

Regards,
Arik
Arik Klein
WLAN MAC Expert
WiFi Laboratory, Huawei TLV Research Center
Arik.Klein@xxxxxxxxxx
Office: +972-74-7198198 Ext. 475 | Mobile: +972-54-8085336