[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on DCN 20/548r1

Hello IEEE colleagues,

As we had no time to go over all the questions following the presentation of contribution #548, you may reply with your comments/questions and I’ll do my best to address all of them before the next Joint session.

Just two small clarifications following the questions raised by Jianhan and Wookbong:

1.       We’re suggesting to reuse the UL MU-MIMO format for STAs from different BSSs, where each AP will operate (i.e. detect) independently. Each can choose whether to detect the data from OBSS STAs and discard of it or to mitigate it as an interference. No cooperation between APs at the receive stage is proposed or required (e.g. no LLR combining)!!

2.       Regarding synchronization, we assume that every procedure starts with an M-AP TF, thus all the APs will be synchronized to a single source, and the following trigger to the STAs will be transmitted in sync by the cooperating APs. Therefore, after receiving a coordinated TF, all the STAs will be synchronized to the same source as well. It implies time and frequency synchronization which are sufficient for the proposed scheme (again no cooperation at Rx stage is proposed).

I hope this helps clear up these issues..

Thank you

Genadiy Tsodik

Algorithm Expert

Huawei TLV Research Center

Genadiy.tsodik@xxxxxxxxxx

Office: +972-74-7198101 | Mobile: +972-526773161 | fax: +972-9-9511218

signature