From: Ron Porat <000009a0da80e877-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 2:27 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] PDT-PHY-Introduction-to-EHT-PHY

Hi Bin,

Sorry for the late review but a few more comments on this doc (1307) for your consideration:

  1. There's no mention of MRU in the introductory text for EHT PHY (they are only mentioned under mandatory/optional support). Would be good to highlight this in the introduction since it is one of the main novel PHY features in EHT.

Bin> I add a sentence:     The EHT PHY provides support of multiple Resource Units (MRU) assigned to a single STA.”

  1. EHT STA mandatory features ("shall support"):
    1. "Single user transmission and reception of an EHT MU PPDU with single RU spanning the entire PPDU bandwidth.". This should also include MRU, since it is mandatory per SFD.

Bin> Update to “single RU or MRU”

    1. "EHT MU PPDU with <XXX> EHT-LTF and <YYY> GI ... (transmit and receive for single user)." What is meant by the part within (), i.e., "transmit and receive for single user"?

Bin>  The LTF+GI combinations were copied from 11ax.  In 11ax these LTF+GI combinations are for SU PPDU while in 11be there is no SU PPDU.   These texts are highlighted as TBD anyway.  Let’s keep these text as they are for now and wait for the outcome of future LTF+GI discussion.

  1. EHT AP optional features ("may support"):
    1. Should include "MU-MIMO transmission on an MRU in an EHT MU PPDU where the MRU spans the entire PPDU bandwidth", since it is not mandatory in the SFD.

Bin> This may need some discussion since we may have a different understanding.  Motion 124 #SP181 says full BW DL MU-MIMO Is mandatory.  My understating of full bandwidth is the non-OFDMA.  For example, for a 240Mhz (320MHz-80) BSS,  don’t we want to support MU-MIMO?

    1. "MU-MIMO reception on an RU/MRU in an EHT TB PPDU where the RU/MRU spans the entire PPDU bandwidth (UL MU-MIMO) when the AP is capable of receiving less than 4 spatial streams". Should also include full bandwidth MRU for AP capable of receiving 4 spatial streams or more, since it is not mandatory in the SFD.

Bin> Please see the comment above. This may need more discussion.

  1. EHT non-AP STA mandatory features ("shall support"):
    1. Need to include similar clause as 11ax for EHT-SIG MCS, e.g., "An EHT non-AP STA shall support the reception of the EHT-SIG field in an EHT MU PPDU at TBD MCS"

Bin> Since EHT MU PPDU will be used for both DL and UL, EHT-SIG MCS support shall apply to all the STA, not just non-AP STA. I originally didn’t write the sentence because the EHT-SIG MCS support are still TBD.  I have added the following sentence to the “an ETH STA shall support” section:

Reception of the EHT-SIG field in an EHT MU PPDU at TBD MCS

    1. Need to incorporate Motion 115, #SP75 from SFD: "802.11be supports that 80 MHz and 160 MHz operating STA shall be able to participate in a higher BW DL and UL OFDMA transmission.."

Bin> This is covered by the changes made for comment 5.

  1. EHT non-AP STA optional features ("may support"):
    1. "Reception of a 160 MHz EHT MU PPDU, or transmission of a 160 MHz EHT TB PPDU in 5 GHz and 6 GHz bands where the assigned RU/MRU is in the primary 80 MHz channel if the non-AP EHT STA is capable of up to 80 MHz channel width and operating with 80 MHz channel width." This needs to be moved to "shall support" since it is mandatory per SFD.
    2. "Reception of a 320 MHz EHT MU PPDU, or transmission of a 320 MHz EHT TB PPDU in 6 GHz bands where the assigned RU/MRU is in the primary 80 MHz channel if the non-AP EHT STA is capable of up to 80 MHz channel width and operating with 80 MHz channel width.". This needs to be changed to "shall support" since it is mandatory per SFD.
    3. A similar clause needs to be added for primary 160 if the non-AP EHT STA is capable of 160M operation, under "shall support".

 Bin> Done

Thanks,

Ron