Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [CR-MAC] Multi-link Retransmission

Hi Rojan,
Regarding "NOTE 2 – In order to prevent the receiver from discarding a retransmitted frame as a replayed frame, the PN used to protect the frame is not incremented when the frame is retransmitted. (#2598)"
Isn't this conflicted with the following baseline rule?
"The receiver shall discard any Data frame that is received with its PN less than or equal to the value of the replay counter that is associated with the TA and priority value of the received MPDU."
If you increase the PN of the retransmitted frame, why is it discarded? The PN is greater than the value of the replay counter.

I understand the PN of the retransmitted MPDU should not be changed. The baseline also has the following text.
(#4613)NOTE—Retransmitted MPDUs are not modified on retransmission.
But, I am not sure whether "To prevent something" is correct in your NOTE 2.

Thanks,
Yongho

2021년 3월 15일 (월) 오전 1:18, Rojan Chitrakar <rojan.chitrakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>님이 작성:

Dear all,

Please help to review the following CR document and let me know if there is anything:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-0302-00-00be-crs-for-d0-3-multi-link-retransmission-cids.docx

It resolves the following 8 CIDs related to Multi-link retransmissions:

CIDs: 1064, 1687, 2503, 2598, 2714, 3338, 3381, 3382 (8 CIDs)

Regards,

Rojan