[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 21 / 281r4 comments

Hi Laurent,

I would like to clarify the status and the resolution of the following CIDs:

1)
CID 2494:

The current resolution text reads:
An AP of an AP MLD shall have a unique Link ID that shall not change during the lifetime of the AP MLD.

I would limit the Link ID only to the lifetime of an AP. Proposed resolution text: (delete last MLD word):
An AP of an AP MLD shall have a unique Link ID that shall not change during the lifetime of the AP.   MLD

This ensures that AP MLD can add and delete affiliated APs without difficulty to manage LinkID values.

2)
9.4.2.170.2 has lengths 4 and 10 for non-AP MLDs
- When and how these RNR lengths are used?
- Why the reporting AP does not need to signal SSID or BSSID of the AP affiliated with AP MLD?
- Why it is signaled that reported AP is affiliated with AP MLD?

3)

The number of transmitted ML-Probe Requests cannot be limited in practice. The non-associated STA that sends ML-rpobe request likely on different addresses, so the limitation may not be applicable in practice.
- Do we need this limitation, if it cannot be implemented in practice? Also we should not guide STAs MAC address use…
- If there is some preassociation protection/security mechanism, then such limitation may not be needed. Then we can calculate the number of protected ML Probe requests transmitted by the STA.

4)
CID 1867 Asks to clarify how a new AP in AP MLD can be added to RNR. I think the submission does not provide correct resolution for 1867.

21/534 discusses on this operation.
To solve this CID we should describe that AP MLD may add new affiliated AP to the RNR it transmits and STAs need to setup a link with the new affiliated AP in order to use it.

Cheers,
Jarkko