Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [CR-MAC] Feedback Requested for resolution to CID 1038

Hi Abhi,
thank you for the follow up email.

The submission11-21/386 seems to say that the  transmission power is the only thing that affects to the range of the Beacon frames. I think this is not true. There are many things that affect to the range of the Beacon frame:
- MCS
- PPDU type
- BW

All these parameters would be good to signal for APs in AP MLD to estimate the range of the affiliated AP. This information may also help to optimize scanning and ensure reliable AP discovery.
The group addressed frames transmission parameters may also affect to the range of the AP. Similarly there are many ways to transmit the group frames and these parameters should be signaled for the APs in AP MLD.

So just signaling the Beacon frames TX power is not enough information to estimate the range of hte affiliated AP. Other Beacon and group addressed frames transmission parameters are needed too.

Cheers,
Jarkko