Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe Teleconferences [01/05/2022, and 01/06/2022]: Agendas Posted

Hi Shawn and Gaurang,

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed there seems to have been some miscommunication. I just want to double check the current understanding.

My initial understanding, based on Gaurang's rev0 and initial comments in this thread, was that an AP of the AP MLD should (i) terminate TXOPs with an EMLSR nonAP STA before the TBTTs on other EMLSR links and, additionally, (ii) should also not schedule TXOPs whose start time overlaps with TBTTs on other EMLSR links. To improve the efficiency of this operation, I was suggesting the use of a primary link. It would (i) reduce the number of TXOP terminations to only those that overlap with primary link TBTTs, and (ii) allow TXOP start times to overlap with TBTTs on non-primary links. The primary link is basically a way for the AP MLD to partially know which beacons the nonAP MLD is expected to be decoding.

Based on your comments and Gaurang's latest comments, it seems the proposed operation is that an AP of the AP MLD should (i) terminate TXOPs before TBTTs on other EMLSR links. But the AP is free to schedule TXOPs whose start time overlaps with TBTTs on other EMLSR links by transmitting an initial control frame (to basically probe and see if it is successful). Is this the correct understanding? In this case, I don’t follow how the number of TXOP terminations are reduced (since the AP MLD does not know which beacons the nonAP MLD is expected to be decoding) but yes the TXOP start opportunity is significantly improved.

If this second understanding is correct, then it is basically a trade-off between (a) the increased overhead of negotiating a primary link, and corresponding restrictions on group addressed frame decoding versus (b) the cost of slightly more frequent TXOP terminations, and unsuccessful TXOPs due to no response to the initial control frame. The trade-off would be subject to opinion, but I understand your view point.

Regards,

Vishnu