Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] Pre-association identification (was: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] Mishandled TGbh motion vote)

Hi Mark,

11bh group already agree the identification on 4WH and it’s already in 11bh draft 0.2. We’re talking the use cases that are not covered by the baseline.

As we talked in this mail loop, a lot of implementations in current market are based on the pre-association identification, like NR in ANQP, multiple FTM sessions with same ESS and access control based on authentication/association frame. RMA mechanism proposed by 11aq makes everything mess up, and 11bh group takes into account addressing these bugs.

In my opinion, 11bh group doesn’t intend to define new use cases, which is unlikely to other group, e.g. 11be,11bi group, etc.. 11bh will focus on addressing current implementation broken issue.

Back to your question, do we need to debate the merits of each use cases in pre-association as they’re already in the market, or we accept such fact and focus on the resolution?

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang