From: Mark Hamilton <mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 11:59 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] Any further discussion on proposed resolution to CIDs 12, 58, and perhaps 25

All,

Antonio has proposed on the reflector (and I failed to bring up for discussion on today’s call), the following as resolution to CIDs 12 and 58 (and I think CID 25):

Replace “Device ID”, “opaque identifier”, “identifier”, etc. (all the various phrases we currently have for this concept) with:

  • “Persistent Opaque Identifier (POI)”

Note: Detailed and specific changes to be made to the draft will need to be provided.

Please respond if there are concerns with this direction.  I will formulate a motion for our August 30 teleconference in this direction, unless there is concern.

Mark