[STDS-802-11-TGBH] Comment Resolutions for 12.2.11 11-22/1329r10

All,

I have uploaded an r10 version of the comment resolution that we took 2 hours the other day discussing.

  • Fixed the table to follow appropriate standard nomenclature.
  • Reworded the paragraph in question
  • Added a paragraph for a recognized Identifier

The paragraph in question now reads:

If an AP receives an Identifier from a non-AP STA which is not recognized, it may perform one of the following actions:

  1. If the AP requires a recognized Identifier the AP may fail the association or
  2. The AP may Assign a new Identifier to the non-AP STA.

Note:  a non-AP STA could send an Identifier previously provided by an AP in the ESS which is no longer recognized by the AP.

I also added the following paragraph:

If an AP receives an Identifier from a non-AP STA which is recognized, it may perform one of the following actions:

  1. Return the Identifier received or
  2. Assign a new Identifier to the non-AP STA.

Please comment and let’s try to resolve this and fix these CRs.

Thank you for your kind attention.  To see the full submission, please download r10 from the document server.

Kurt Lumbatis

Distinguished Software Engineer

DOCSIS CPE R&D SW Architecture (Wi-Fi)

ARRIS AND RUCKUS HAVE JOINED COMMSCOPE

3871 Lakefield Dr, Suwanee, GA 30024 USA

Office: +01-678-473-2921