Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBI] : Do you think that the change of OTA parameters values shall occur at the same time on each link of a given MLD non-AP STA ?

Hi Carol,

Thank you for sharing your thought.

I think we have two questions now:

  1. Shall all the MLDs of a given group initiate a change their OTA values on all links at the same time ? I think yes.

This is the original purpose of the SP I would like to run, since I think this is an important point to solve.

On one hand, this indicates correlation between links (revealing the MLD structure, but this info is also available in clear in the ML IE in beacons).

On the other hand, this avoid correlation between Old and new OTA values across links, and contribute to the mass effect to hide a STA in the crowd.

  1. What happens to the buffered traffic when Epoch start occurs (on both AP and non-AP side)?

I think this question is related to the handling of transition period, but of course transition period and Epoch start are linked.

I my mind, as written in the D0.3, each Epoch starts with a transition period.

Assuming all the non-AP MLD of a given group starts a new Epoch at the same time (TSF counter based), all the non-AP STA, associated to a non-AP MLD registered to a given EDP Epoch group, starts a new Epoch at the same time.

This new Epoch starts with a transition period that allow transmission of buffered frames using Old OTA values (currently only retransmissions in D0.3, but we can discuss that ), and New OTA values without mixing them in a same TxOP (to avoid correlation).

At the end of the transition, a non-AP STA is not allowed to used old OTA values for transmission of any frames, nor decode received frames using old OTA values. So if the STA still has some retransmission using OLD OTA values waiting for transmission, those frames should be flushed.

For transition period I think we can discuss using 11-23/1148r0 (slide 7 and 8) as support. I can (re)present it next session if needed.

Stéphane.