From: Mark Hamilton [mailto:mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:35 PM
To: Qi, Emily H <emily.h.qi@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGM] REVmd LB232 comment resolutions - EDITOR ad hoc - 18/0657r0

Emily,

I have an issue with the resolution to CID 1102.  The context is this sentence, “Each element is identified by the contents of the Element ID and, when present, Element

ID Extension fields as defined in this standard.”  The comment (which you propose we ACCEPT) is that the word fields should not be plural (delete the ‘s’).  However, we have no ‘field’ qualifier on the first “Element ID” in the sentence.  The reason “fields” is plural, is because it is referencing both the “Element ID” field and the “Element ID Extension” field.  Unfortunately, with the “when present” clause in the middle, it gets hard to make the connection, so I can see the confusion.

Can I suggest injecting “field” in the phrase, so each of the fields stands on its own?  “Each element is identified by the contents of the Element ID field and, when present, Element ID Extension field as defined in this standard.”

Mark