[STDS-802-11-TGM] CID 2310 re-consideration : was [Pull requests for today's motions]

Mark,
          regarding this comment:

CID 2310 in MAC-AL: The claim made in 22/0311 that the highlighted bits are the same:

The Unsolicited Probe Responses Active subfield is set to 1 if the reported AP is part of an ESS where all the APs that operate in the same channel as the reported AP and that might be detected by a STA receiving this frame [An AP might be detected by a station (STA) if the STA and the AP are on the same channel and in range.]

is not correct.  The question is not whether the APs operate in the same

channel as the reported AP, but whether the APs operate in the same

channel as the STA that "might detect" them, and are in range.  The

changes proposed lose what is intended by "might detect" here.

I would kindly state that submission 22/0311 actually states: "Apart from the words “in range”, the 2 highlighted sentences repeat the same statement." Alas, it does not suggest that the highlighted bits are the same, as they clearly are not.

In addition, I would contend that the words "in range" are the ones missing from the deletion and not the words "might detect".

However, I think the following edit may work:
"The Unsolicited Probe Responses Active subfield is set to 1, if the reported AP is part of an ESS where all the APs that operate in the same channel as the reported AP and are in range of and might be detected by a STA receiving this frame,"

Do you have any further comments? Thanks.

Kind regards

Stephen